A Mall Once Valued At $190 Million Gets Auctioned For $100 (Freak Files)

Plus more with our "Freak Files!"

January 19, 2017

Foreclosed Mall Once Valued At $190 Million Auctioned For $100

This is a sure sign of the times.

A Pennsylvania mall that was foreclosed-on after its owners failed to repay $143 million has been auctioned off.

Wells Fargo Bank put the 1.1-million-square-foot mall up for auction on Wednesday.

The “Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills” was once worth $190-million but they struggled to get any bids on the mall and ended up selling it to the highest bidder for -----$100. 

The mall is slightly more than half occupied with tenants.


A Guy Returns a Library Book That's 100 Years Overdue

A woman named Phoebe Webb from San Francisco checked out a book called "Forty Minutes Late" from the library back in 1917. 

She passed away right before the due date and never returned the book.  Now fast forward to 1996. 

Her great-grandson named Webb Johnson was going through a box of her stuff when he found the book.  And even though he realized it was VERY overdue, he decided to hang onto it.

Then, earlier this month, the San Francisco libraries announced a temporary amnesty program, where people could bring back overdue books without having to pay a fine.  And Webb thought that'd be a good opportunity to return it.

So last Friday, he returned "Forty Minutes Late" . . . 100 years late.  The library says the fine would've been $3,650.


After a Massive Manhunt For a Missing Hunter, It Turns Out He Was in Jail For Public Intoxication

A 51-year-old guy named Randy Holt from Hartselle, Alabama went hunting on Monday around noon and never came home. 

At 9:00 P.M., his family called 911 and reported him missing, and a massive manhunt was ON.  The sheriff's department and fire department went looking for him, and they even got a low-flying helicopter and some search dogs to try to help track him down, but he was nowhere to be found. 

The cops finally realized exactly where he was.  They’d arrested him for public intoxication around 2:00 P.M. when someone had called to report him acting peculiar and wearing no pants! 

Apparently he had so much to drink that he failed to alert his family, so during the entire manhunt he was just sitting in jail, oblivious, and sobering up.  Click here to see his mugshot.