A Man Is Bitten By A Rattlesnake AFTER Decapitating It

Plus more with our "Freak Files!"

November 11, 2016

A Man Is Bitten By A Rattlesnake AFTER Decapitating It

Decapitating a snake is apparently not enough to render it harmless.

Kyle Watson was hiking with his family in Columbia, Tennessee on Sunday when his wife stepped on a Timber rattlesnake.

Watson jumped into action and quickly decapitated the snake to protect his wife, but when he reached to pick up the snake’s dead body to show his kids, its severed head turned and bit him.

Within 60 seconds he was unconscious.  His wife called 9-1-1 and emergency responders had to carry Kyle out of the woods.

He was initially in critical condition, but is now stable after being given a steady drip of anti-venom medication.   


A City Re-Elected a Dead Man Because He Was Still "Better Qualified" Than His Opponent

Here's a pretty funny election story that really flew under the radar.

A 61-year-old guy named Gary Ernst was running for re-election as treasurer of Oceanside, California.  He DIED back on September 23rd, but the city said there wasn't enough time to reprint the ballots without him.

And . . . on Tuesday, he WON anyway.  His opponent is a woman named Nadine Scott.  She's spent the past month-and-a-half trying to spread the word that Gary was dead, but clearly it didn't work, because he beat her by six percentage points.

Or maybe it DID work, but people didn't care.  One of the city council members from Oceanside told the press, quote, "Even though Gary passed away, he is still better qualified than she is."  (OUCH!) 

The city council will get to appoint someone for the position . . . but they don't necessarily have to choose Nadine.


A Guy Gets Caught During a High-Speed Chase When He Runs Out of Gas

Something tells me this guy wasn't QUITE prepared to get into a police chase.

The New York state police tried to pull over 20-year-old Kevin O'Donnell from Wayne, New Jersey on Saturday morning for speeding on his motorcycle.  But he wouldn't stop and they wound up in a high-speed chase where he was going over 165 miles-per-hour.

The cops DIDN'T go that fast, so how'd they catch him?  It was easy.  He ran out of gas.  Kevin wound up having to exit the freeway to go to a gas station and fill up, and the cops caught up with him there and arrested him.

He was charged with reckless endangerment and unlawful fleeing.