When Squirrels Attack!

Plus more with our "Freak Files!"

November 23, 2016

A Politician Ranted About Aggressive Squirrels, Then Got Taken Out by One on His Bike

A city official in Chicago named Howard Brookins Jr. went on a rant last month about aggressive squirrels, and how they're costing the city money by chewing through garbage cans.

Now the squirrels have responded.  Two Sundays ago, he was riding his bike through a park when a squirrel ran out in front of him, got caught up in the SPOKES of his front wheel, and made him CRASH.

He flew over the handlebars, and ended up in the hospital with a broken nose, several missing teeth, and a fractured SKULL.  Apparently he’ll be in the hospital for a while. 

The squirrel wasn't as fortunate.  Howard posted a photo on Facebook where you can still see it stuck in the spokes of his bike.

Click here to see a picture of the bike, and one of Howard before the crash.


A Shoplifter Made a Run for It and Left Her Kid Behind

A 23-year-old woman near Saginaw, Michigan got caught shoplifting from Kohl's the other day, and made a break for it. 

But her seven-year-old daughter was with her, and couldn't keep up.  So she just started DRAGGING her along the floor while she kept running, and the security cameras got it on video.

Right before she made it to the parking lot, her daughter got caught on one of the doors.  So she just let go and LEFT her there, jumped in a car, and took off.  Luckily her daughter wasn't hurt, and she's staying with her grandmother for now. 

Apparently she would have been charged with retail fraud, which is only a misdemeanor, but now she's looking at felony child abuse charges too. Stupid Criminals!!! 

You can watch the security footage here.


A Guy Got Bit by a Snake at Work, Went Back 3 Days Later and Got Bit Again

An 18-year-old guy in Queensland was at work clearing brush last Friday morning when he got bit by a SNAKE.

It got him in the leg, and he couldn't tell what kind it was, but apparently it was poisonous, like EVERYTHING in Australia.  He had to be airlifted to a hospital, but he ended up being okay and was discharged over the weekend.

But then he felt good enough to go back to work on Monday, started clearing more brush in the same field, and it happened AGAIN!!! 

This time a snake got him twice on his left forearm.  Was it the same snake?  They don’t know, but he had to be airlifted out by helicopter a SECOND time.  Luckily he survived.